Tuesday, October 5, 2010

must apologize

you know how sometimes you do something and then like immediately go what, what was i thinking, why did i just do that?

okay, so like, you're going to make a right turn and somebody is waiting at the stop sign on the street you're going to turn onto and you don't signal your intentions so they have to wait until they realize you are turning and they didn't need to wait for you?

well, not that. more like i pulled into line at the costco to get gas and woman one was pumping her gas and woman two was waiting behind her and there was no one in front of them at the first pump, right? so i pulled around the two women and hopped out to begin pumping my gas and that's when i realized i had just cut in line in front of woman two. so i apologized profusely to her as woman one pulled away from the pump and she, woman two, pulled up right behind me. i'd like to apologize right now again to woman two and tell her that i have no good excuse for my brash gas line behavior unless she can let it go because i was singing mrs. robinson, accompanied by simon & garfunkle, at the top of my lungs, and completely lost my gas line manners. sorry.

or she could cut me some slack because i was at the hospital with mom early this morning (who has since been released with the promise to take it easy and hello! she waited at least two hours before driving to stan's club with dad to fill her prescriptions and eat lunch), and my dog (she of the freshly dremmeled toenails) was still large but sweetly drowsy all night, and it turns out i can understand calculus even if i can't remember to save my labor econ homework before submitting it and shutting down my compy, and most if not all of the great deal clothes i got on saturday must have been laundered in hot water (which somehow didn't ruin their brand new clothing price tags) because they should be my size but have serious button/zipper gap issues, and, oh yeah, that all over-i-think-i-have-body-cancer or massive blood clots or something deadly pain and accompanying dizziness are caused by discontinuing the meds but should gradually go away if i give it like two more weeks.

seriously. dude. cut me some slack.
i'm sorry.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Last week I parked too close to one of the lines because the car on the other side of me was parked on their line. This meant I was too close to the car next to me. Wouldn't have been such an issue, except the woman came out as I was walking away from my car, and told me what a crappy job I'd done parking, and that I should move. Let me clarify, I was *in my lines* and I already had all the kids out, and we were in a hurry, AND if I moved my car closer to the other line, I wouldn't have been able to get the girls (or myself) back into the car when we came back. So I told her that I was sorry, but if she wanted to move the other car next to me, I'd be happy to move my car over. She glared angrily at me, and I walked away. This is totally not like me, but like I said, she was snippy with me, I was in a hurry, and it just wasn't very helpful to me to move my car. Regardless, I felt awful about it the entire time we were away from the car. When I got back to it, she'd moved my mirrors around (I'm sure with her hands, because she moved the mirror itself, and the casing thing around it), but no other damage was done. I felt like we were even at that point. I still felt like a jerk, though. I guess we all do things we regret. But at some point, we just have to let them go, and try to do better the next time. There are plenty of excuses, but really, living and learning is what we're supposed to do, I think.

Joey said...

Two words: lighten up! And I mean that in the best possible way. We're on a crowded planet and we're bound to bump into each other now and then. When we bump, we say we're sorry (if possible) and let it go. If we're the ones getting bumped, we let it go whether anyone says sorry or not.

Anyway, that's my philosophy and I'm stickin' to it!

Keep hanging in.