Saturday, October 2, 2010

by popular demand


The long-awaited Dale Earnhardt Wheaties Box Table

An update and a quiz.

1. Neither Jack nor I lost our jobs this week. None of our close coworkers were let go either. Which is all good for us, but not a bit comforting to the 426 who are now unemployed. Or the countless others we know who are looking for work.

2. Yard sailing today with Colleen and Sugar was fulfilling. Total jackpot of workwear at one stop and work/casual shirt bonus at another. Amazingly, I also found three pitchers, one picture, three rugs, one cow, one dino, two pigs, one baby with fuzzy blankie, one storybook, and six snakes. And one size four black t-shirt with a very clearly drawn Pearl drumset, which can either be saved for the drummer's first child or may be nabbed by whichever of the girlies falls madly in love with it first. Even without finding any of these desirable treats, yard sailing was emotionally fulfilling girlfriend time, which is better yet than even a drumset on a size 4 black t-shirt.

these are the newest pitchers and the newly purchased floral rug and red wicker chair



3. How can it be October 1? Here's your quiz--October? or not October?


yes, harvest time is October


yes, fading flowers are October


yes, dahlias and rose of sharon are apparently October--who knew?


of course, bulbs are October, the perfect time to plant them


usually my potted flowers are not October, but they are this year


black-eyed susans, nasturtiums, and poppies are October this year.



4. Extra-credit question--After reviewing the following photo of my eyes, insert your answers in the comments section. Okay, there is no real extra credit. Except for me. I need eyebrow opinion.



a. Which eyebrow do you prefer, left or right--plucked into a question mark eyebrow or straighter across eyebrow?
b. How long have I been wearing two completely different shapes of eyebrow? Seriously, what is that?

3 comments:

Shi said...

I think the straighter across looks more natural, and thus I think it looks better... but this is coming from someone who doesn't pluck her eyebrows... and luckily found your son who likes that I don't :)

Jessie said...

I just thought you were raising one eyebrow, in a mockery towards me. :)

I like your choice of bulbs--looks like it's been (and next year will be) a great growing season at your place.

Lisa B. said...

Important newsflash to me: YOU MUST PLANT BULBS NOW.

Thanks for helping me realize that.

(beautiful pics of your beautiful yard!)