Sunday, December 19, 2010

i am so productive!!!

Yes, today deserves three exclamation marks!!!

SEE:


these are two bracelets I made tonight. (Jessie, one is for you. Sorta.)


This is a bracelet I made earlier today by following the pattern that took me three hours to complete yesterday but only took about 90 minutes today if you don't count the time I spent searching for the beads that Jo Jo and Gus knocked off my lap/work surface while they were madly romping about with Jr.

Also complete:

One batch of toffee--perhaps my best ever toffee, completed after locating a toffee recipe online since I couldn't find my copy of the recipe I've used for years and years.

One batch of caramels--which are extremely yummy considering that I ignored that brief flash of thought telling me to move the bottle of diet coke away from the stove so I didn't mistakenly add 1 1/2 tbsps of diet coke instead of the required 1 1/2 tbsps of vanilla. Yes, I made caramels with caffeine.


It seems like there were several other things that I considered completing today including laundry--washed, dried, totally ready to be hung up and folded away.

And just because I know you want to see these, I'm posting pictures of my brothers, my dad, and one of my little bro's kids from the family Christmas party last night. Don't they all look so related? And kinda cute?


Big bro


Lil bro and dad in the background


lil bro's kid trying really hard to:
a) not look at me and b) not smile while not looking at me
(because it's hard to not look at me and smile, right?)

5 comments:

Shi said...

I am soooo very intrigued by these caramels.... I shall have to try some out, that is if there are any left for me to try out. :D

Jessie said...

Hahaha, still laughing over the caramels here. :) I love all the jewelry, though the pinks may be my favorite. They're all beautiful, you really are great at that jewelry thing.

And I haven't even begun my wrapping... But that's more in an attempt to keep everything wrapped until the big day.

Lisa B. said...

pretty, pretty bracelets!

There's no baking around here yet, let alone candy-making. Blah. Also, nothing is wrapped, absolutely nothing.

Carry on.

Amelia said...

I feel like this is the christmas of no productivity. I choose to blame it on being pregnant. So there.

Joey said...

I can really see myself doing the coke thing. Usually I just forget and leave it out completely in the rush of realizing that the temperature has finally hit the soft ball stage!

Oh, and what a talent! The jewelry is beautiful!