Friday, May 13, 2011

this one's too funny to not post

My mom called the other day while I was at the doctor with Jack who was getting prescription refills for his diabetes.

Today, while driving to the Provo house, I called mom to see how she was doing. She says she's feeling good but can definitely tell something happened in her chest so she's following doctor's orders by resting.

She then asked about Jack's appointment with his doctor.

Mom: How's his blood sugar?

Me: Good.

Mom: His A1C?

Me: Good, not its lowest but not its highest either.

Mom: His prostate?

Me: Uh, fine.

~~~

I told Jack about the conversation and he quickly pointed out that I should have told her he doesn't have a prostate. He's still got all of his limbs and doesn't need one.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

I don't get it. But I'm not sure I want to...?

gilian said...

I was stunned when my mom asked about his prostate--not something I'd typically discuss with anyone really, but especially my mom.

Jack was a bit taken a back as well, but he cleverly pointed out that I could have stopped her in her tracks by saying that he didn't have a prostate and didn't need one because he has all of his limbs--substituting prostate for prosthesis or prosthetic device (like a replacement arm or hand).

I don't know, maybe you just had to be there, but it felt good to have him sympathize and offer a quick comeback.