Tuesday, March 18, 2008

beware--this will be a whiny post

for the past few days, i've been trying to not post about how sick i am. but today, i give. i feel so sick that i don't even have it in me to use capital letters...

i know there are lots of people in the world who are much more ill than i, but right now, i'm sick and tired and i fear this will go on for several more days if it's at all like the sickness that has invaded the gardens, that all of the guys around here have already had.

(okay guys, now i understand how you could just sit around all day, watching tv and movies, tossing your empty soda and juice bottles on the floor and not bothering to do the dishes, take out the garbage, or take care of the dogs. if you guys wished this on me as a punishment for all of my fretting about the state of tidiness in the gardens, well, shame on you for wishing this on your mom.)

these are my symptoms:

fever
headache
achy body, especially joints, but also every part of me including all of my skin and even my hair. and eyelashes and toes
sore throat
runny nose
fever
headache

today my body has added a new symptom--a large-dog type barking cough. lovely. the only good thing i can see about this ailment is the range of my voice now. not that i was ever a soprano, but now i'm a bass. alto, tenor, baritone, bass. think of a deep rich bronze tone--that's my voice. i have that lauren-bacall-i've-smoked-too-many-cigarettes kind of voice.

if i didn't feel so achy, it could be kinda fun. i just wish i had it in me to wake up jack jr so he could go pick up a soothing cup of chai tea for me...hmmm i think i have it in me to pick up my phone and give him a call...he'll find humor in that and i'll get a cup of tea. very smart thinking for somebody whose brain hurts so much.

2 comments:

Lisa B. said...

poor tired hurty--yet somehow still clever--brain.

Jessie said...

So do you have sexy phlegm?

We sympathize with you, and hope you get better soon... along with all of us down here.