Monday, March 10, 2008

what is up with these people?

Since the amazing daughter lives in Provo, I often find myself driving northbound on I-15, headed out of Utah County and into Salt Lake County.

I cannot count the number of times (and I can count pretty high for somebody my age, so let's just say EVERY TIME), okay, so every time I hop onto I-15 at the Center Street entrance, I am almost instantly overcome by speeding drivers. And not just speeding drivers, speeding reckless drivers. With no warning, they are on my bumper, racing around me on both sides and cutting back in front of me and anybody else who has the nerve to drive less than 85 mph. More often than not, I have to slow down to almost a stop when one of these reckless speeders bumps into a fellow reckless speeder, causing a four or five-car pileup, always near Thanksgiving Point.

I just don't understand what the big hurry is about. Are they Salt Lake County residents who can't wait to get out of Happy Valley or are they secretly unhappy Happy Valley residents who can't wait to get over the border to this valley of despair that I call home?

No comments: