Monday, August 31, 2009

four times great

In yet another stroke of amazing math luck (I only say that because I'm trying to keep math at the forefront of my brain so I can absorb it by something scientific like osmosis), where was I?

Oh yes. Just imagine this.

Number 1. Last night, while riding our wonderful bikes, Jr told me that a client came in to his work and said she had seen him out riding his bike with his girlfriend and they seemed to be having a great time, laughing and riding and talking. And Jr asked her if the girl had short dark hair and was riding a wonderful pink bike and she said yes. And that's when Jr told her he was riding his bike with his mom.

Number 2. Jack and I headed south tonight to visit the southern girlies, who were delighted to see us, in fact, so delighted that the absolute moment I exited the truck, I was greeted by the sound of a delightful three-year-old's happy voice, squealing, "Gamma, Gamma, I'm so happy to see you!"

Number 3. Jack and I and the girlies and their parents headed over to Five Guys Burgers and Fries where we had the best not homemade burgers that tasted like homemade burgers without the cleanup mess.

Number 4. While driving up our street, Jack asked me what I thought was the story behind the two pieces of exercise equipment in front of the house we passed and I said what exercise equipment and he turned around the truck and pulled up in front of a commercial grade exercise bike and elliptical machine and when I went to the front door to ask what the story was, the woman said the local charity was supposed to come pick them up but never showed up and in a streak of sheer genius--or perhaps tightwadishness--I asked if she wanted me to haul them off for her and she paused for just a second and said, yes, please, let me get you the cord and Jack and the boys loaded the equipment into the truck and brought them home and now I will have some exercise equipment to use during the winter months when my bike doesn't want to go out in the snow and I don't have time to ski all day, day after day.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Great story about the bikes... and yay for you and the exercise machines! We definitely enjoyed having you down here with us tonight, thanks for coming down. And for the dinner. What a bonus.

Lisa B. said...

you might have the best luck of all time, finding stuff in yard-wise. Impressive. Well-played.