Thursday, August 27, 2009

a quick update because i am feeling the water closing over my head

1. The sore on my lip from my dental visit last Tuesday (yes, that was over one week ago), is almost, almost healed. But it has hurt every single day since then. I think it will be healed by next week.
2. I am at that stage of school (the first week) when I am pretty much sure I will not be able to get all of the work done and simultaneously feel certain I will be fine as soon as I can start crossing off some of the assignments. This confusing state of feeling is what happens when my teachers present the entire semester with all of its required assignments, tests, quizzes, homework, projects, and on and on and on in the syllabus that contains all of the code words for the class that have special meaning to the teacher, because he or she uses those words every semester, but have no meaning to me because even though the words are in English, we've only just met and I don't speak the language yet.
3. Work is overwhelming right now--several major assignments that could each by itself be enough to keep me busy all day for days, that could be overwhelming if it were my only project right now, that thinks it is the most important and indeed the only project I could possibly be focused on at this given time, and then there's my usual work that wants me to focus, focus, focus and pay attention to it in my usual way as well.

This may be what it feels like to give birth to septuplets.

No comments: