Monday, August 24, 2009

keep these things in mind

1. Just because the website lets you register for a class, does not mean you have completed the prerequisites.
2. Just because the teacher sends you an email that you think is in response to your heartfelt begging for her to excuse you from the prerequisites does not mean you have been granted access into the class.
3. Just because you get another email immediately following the first email from the teacher that says the grade you earned two years ago is too old and you need to hurry and take the math placement test to see if you remember any algebra, does not mean you are no good at composing superbly written begging emails.
4. Just because you take the math placement test and score 88 out of 100 after two years without algebra class does not mean you should believe the test center employee when she says you will be allowed into nothing higher than the algebra class that you passed two years ago.
5. Just because you are seriously irritated with the whole algebra class/math placement test/blahblahblah, doesn't mean that when you email your score to the teacher and she emails back to thank you for taking the test that she doesn't mean instead that you are now officially in the math class.

If I were still feeling irritated, I might be tempted to ask why do I have to work so hard to get into a stinkin' math class?

But because I am trying to get past that irritation, I am instead thinking, dude, you scored 88 on an algebra test that you didn't even study for!

2 comments:

Jessie said...

My question is if there is a stats class that would actually cover the credit your math 1050 would cover--I know stats 1040 covered that at USU. Since you just took and are fresh on stats, maybe it would be easier for you than trying to take the two math classes? Probably not an option or else you'd already have taken it, but I thought I'd mention it.

Sorry about your math woes. That is truly crappy.

Lisa B. said...

Whoa. An 88 doesn't count for having mastery of the subject? That seems--and pardon my French--crazy to me. Boo.