Sunday, August 16, 2009

jr in the kitchen




Jr told me yesterday he wanted to make Thanksgiving dinner today for the family.

Yesterday, we shopped. This morning he rose early, began with the pies, moved on to the turkey, is now making rolls, and soon will be candying yams and mashing potatoes and fluffing up stuffing and browning the drippings for gravy.

The drummer cut a piece of the perfectly baked pumpkin pie for himself, so I cut a sliver for myself, and honestly, it is a perfect pie.

I can hardly wait for dinner.







I love this face.


3 comments:

Jessie said...

Oh how I wish we'd eaten with you. Sadly, I think we'll be taking Janey to the dr. tomorrow instead. Poor girl, every cold goes straight to her chest. I wonder where she gets that...

Joey said...

Way cool! What a guy!

Lisa B. said...

how fun is that?