Friday, October 23, 2009

conversations with audrey or a girl and her uncle's horse



(Upon entering the back of my car and seeing part of the back seat folded down)
Uh oh--sumpin's not right here.



Audrey, do you like to eat cereal?
No Gramma Jill, I like snacks.
Do you like to eat corndogs?
No Gramma Jill, I like snacks.
Do you like to eat spaghetti?
No Gramma Jill, I like snacks.
Audrey, do you like to eat snacks?
Yes, Gramma Jill, they yummy.



Audrey, does Baby Ellie have hair?
Yes, Gramma Jill, Baby Ellie has hair. Baby Ellie has little hair.
Little hair, Audrey?
Yes, Gramma Jill, little hair.
Audrey, do you have little hair?
No, Gramma Jill, I have big hair.



Shhh, Audrey, play quiet so Grampa can sleep, okay?
(in a whisper after looking at Grampa asleep in his recliner)
Gramma Jill, Grampa sleeps loud.



Gramma Jill?
Yes Audrey--
You play cards on your puter.
Yes, Audrey. Does Daddy play cards on his computer?
No, Daddy no play cards, Daddy play warcrap.

5 comments:

Jessie said...

Warcrap indeed... I'd much rather play cards, myself. Or mostly Word Sudoku. Have you done it yet?

Amelia said...

Lovely!
she seems like such a sweetheart.

gilian said...

I have played the word sudoku every day since you told me about it. And I have to make myself exercise or do a chore or some housework between games or I would want to play a game and wait for the next one to appear after an hour. I have even done a couple without help from the hints so I feel pretty good about that too.

Lisa B. said...

Warcrap. HAAAAA! Too funny. Cute cute girl.

Shi said...

oh funny! She is always wanting to watch WarCrap instead of going to bed....