Wednesday, October 28, 2009

it's happened

Our little girl is growing up and she is stuck in the middle of teenagerville. You know that time when a kid goes from affectionate and cuddly to hyperactive and I'm bored? JoJo is there. Waffling between point A and point B not realizing that point C is really the place to get to?

Example 1: JoJo discovered snow this morning and it was the perfect vehicle to express her boredom with her hyperactivity. Fits of sniffing, running, scooting, sliding, interspersed with bucking bronco leaps back onto the deck followed by high speed running in the form of figure eights, and mad dashes back onto the deck, slip-sliding across the wood, and ending up back inside the house. Nonstop. All day. Please let me out, no please, please, please let me in. No out. Oh geez, in. Out. Then, what's this round white ball-shaped thing you've tossed my way? A ball? A snow ball? Holy cow, it's cold in my mouth but if I'drop it and stomp it, it disappears? Whoa. Make me another, please. Oh that's cold. Stomp. Wha? Where'd it go?

Example 2: About a month ago, I discovered a chunk of fabric had been chewed off of the front part of my gramma's couch. Not something I expected to find, since there had been no real indication that we had a couch shredder in the house. Perhaps I should have researched on the google because I might have realized that if someone is a box springs cover shredder around the age of six months, she might become a couch shredder by the time she's ten months old.

Example 3: Remember when I posted about someone shredding the edge of the rug we used to have in the front room? But we don't have that rug any more because somebody had to, simply had to remove the fringe from the edge of that rug? Turns out that after fringe removal, the next step is carpet removal, which, had I googled I would have known, begins simply enough around the edges of a carpet where it meets up with a tiled surface, but can then progress to chewing out pieces of carpet as big as say a pancake from IHOP, which is what happens when you go out to breakfast and kindly leave the pup in the house instead of outside in the freshly falling snow, and while you may have been doing her a favor by not letting her freeze to death, she was possibly doing you a favor by beginning the removal of that carpet in the diningroom that you've had for five years that could possibly use an upgrade.

It just occurred to me that someone may have been watching movies with the dog--maybe something like Marlie & Me? And now, JoJo, sharp as a tack JoJo, quick as a cat JoJo, sly as a fox JoJo, realizes she has work to do. No more laying around, looking adorable, chasing the ball as often as someone will toss it for her, chewing on her rawhide chewsticks. No, no, she has new stuff to cover or uncover as in the case of the furniture frame and the diningroom floor under the old carpet. She has cats to chase and remodeling to participate in and tennis balls to locate and hide. And of course, there will be more snow.

No comments: