Tuesday, July 24, 2012

So yes, it was 102 degrees outside of the plane when we landed in Omaha tonight.

But, it was a small plane which meant we got on and off quickly and in a stroke of something amazing, I got both seats on my row to myself.  Don't remember the last time that happened, right?

Eileen and I were unsuccessful at convincing the car rental kid to rent us that little new red Fiat.  We would have looked so good in it.  Although it may have been a personal vehicle, not really up for rental.

We did get a nice Impala and followed the directions exactly and arrived at our hotel in plenty of time for the evening reception, during which Eileen won a $20 gift card for Starbucks, and I successfully made the entertaining older male singer at the reception chuckle and smile during his rendition of American Pie by acting out the "I met a girl who sang the blues, I asked her for some happy news but she just smiled and turned away..."

Then we enjoyed a nice dinner--short ribs, grilled veggies, sweet potato puree for me, salad and grilled asparagus for Eileen...and since she's gone all vegan and no dessert on me, I got my dessert to go and ate an amazing piece of dark chocolate mousse-ish something with raspberry sauce in my room in my jammies...

So far, Omaha is ok.  Or perhaps it's Nebraska but still okay.

2 comments:

Lisa B. said...

102 in Omaha...that's hot. I hope you have great AC, both in the Impala and everywhere else you go. But dessert in your jammies in the hotel? not bad, I say. Not bad at all.

Joey said...

Love being in a hotel room by myself. Is that weird?