Wednesday, December 2, 2009

i must be dreaming again

Tonight, we came home to a house that was decorated with softly glowing Christmas lights, a fully decorated Christmas tree (complete with colored lights and the all-Santa-all-the-time-ornaments). We could smell the tasty aroma of roast beef with mashed potatoes and gravy and veggies. Not only that, but the table was set complete with a new tablecloth and napkins and my favorite stoneware dishes, and when I got out the beaters to mash the potatoes, Jr said, "Oh no you don't--you're not helping with dinner tonight," and took the beaters from me, insisting that I just go sit down because dinner would be ready in a couple of minutes. And it was. And it was delicious. And I didn't cook, or clean up, or wash the dishes--not even the pans. That kid is alright.

3 comments:

Jessie said...

After falling off a ladder and everything, huh? Wish I'd been there... my Progresso lentil soup just wasn't that fantastic...

Lisa B. said...

Whoa. That is quite a dream you had going there. I wonder if I could get something like that going at my house. Well done, sonny.

Joey said...

Now that's a dreamland I could visit and be at home in! What a nice surprise.