Sunday, December 20, 2009

random list

Tis the season for the making of lists, contemplating, making of more lists.

1. You may call me supershopper. Yesterday was "40% off the entire purchase" day at Ann Taylor, so I checked out the sales pages online, selected three pairs of pants that were all on sale for about half price, then deducted the 40%, chose the 3-day shipping option, which was free, subtracted the $40 in coupons I've accumulated from Ann for prior purchases, and paid a total of $80.

2. Supershopper example 2. Yesterday was "30% off the entire purchase" day at Kohl's, so I checked out the sales in the store, finished all but about the last 3% of my shopping, all items were on sale, then deducted the 30%, subtracted the $80 in Kohl's cash I had from my online shopping last weekend, and paid a total of $140.

3. I am on a quest to find either soft, thick, fuzzy tights in sizes 12-24 months and 2T-4T and/or soft, thick knee-high socks for 7-14 year-old-girls. When Jessie was little, she had some really soft, fleecelike white tights and her chubby little girl legs were adorable in those tights. I'm looking for the same thing to go with the green velvet with white fur trim dresses I found for all four girls. I need soft, thick knee-high socks in colorful stripes or prints because Jessie knows how to make them into leg warmers for babies and toddlers so their legs stay warm and are protected from scrapes and dirty floors, diaper changes and/or using the potty are easier, and they are adorable.

4. About six weeks ago, I cleaned and organized the garage so Jack and I could park both vehicles inside. Less than a week later, The Home Depot delivered half a garage of stuff for the basement remodel, so the vehicles were back outside. Two weeks ago, I got tired of scraping ice off the window of my car, so I moved stuff around enough so my tiny little car fit in the garage. Today, I organized, tossed out, and tidied up the garage enough that both vehicles can once again be parked in the garage.

5. Is tomorrow part of the weekend because my list of stuff to get done this weekend included finishing the shopping and wrapping, sending out cards, making pecan toffee and caramels (some plain, some with pecans and/or chocolate), baking spritz and Russian tea cakes, making cheeseballs, cleaning the garage, painting the dining room, and the usual weekend assortment of grocery shopping, laundry, and tidying. I'm going to need tomorrow and perhaps the next day or two to be part of the weekend if I'm going to get more of this list finished by the end of the weekend.

6. BFF project. I've spent considerable time analyzing this project and have determined the following:
a. JoJo wants almost more than anything to be friends with the cats;
b. JoJo defines friends as somebody you can tower over, slap around in jest, play ball and tug-of-war with.
c. The cats have agreed to be friends with JoJo when she is unconscious; not simply asleep but totally drug-induced out. Coma-like. Anything less is too risky. Hiss.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

I am the most impressed with your garage cleaning--that sucker was full of stuff the last time I saw it.

Also--I wonder if just plain fleece would work for the baby legs... it'd just end up with a seam or two, and I guess I'd have to figure out how big to make them... but if all else fails, we could probably do that instead.

Sophia said...

wowza! I am so very very impressed!