Tuesday, December 1, 2009

two things

1. Happy Birthday yesterday, Stu.

2. I had another one of those repeating dreams the other night. The one where I'm in town on my bike and I need to ride it the ten miles home so I start riding, looking for streets that are downhill. I find a downhill road but then I realize it is too far east and I'm going to have to backtrack or go on a road that is a really steep uphill. So I start pedaling hard and that's when I realize my tires are flat and it is so. hard. to. pedal. But I keep pedaling and looking for a downhill street. That's when I start riding my bike through people's houses and down stairs and through basements. Some of the houses' owners are not home, but I get in any way and ride through their living rooms and kitchens and bedrooms. Sometimes they are home, but they either don't notice me and my bike or they just ignore us. That's when my feet start to hurt from all of the pedaling and pedaling with the flat tires. I finally get on a main street again and it's downhill and I'm getting up some speed and then I come to an intersection and I just know I'm going to have to stop for the light and it will be so.hard.to.start.pedaling.again.

This time a new element was added to the dream. Well, actually two elements were added. First, there was this nonstop nagging worry about an email I'd sent that got me and my boss in all kinds of trouble with the court and we were going to lose some litigation we've been working on and both he and I were going to get fired. And the other new element was that Jack showed up with JoJo and he let her out of the truck without her leash and then he drove off without putting my bike and its flat tires in the back of the truck or me and my sore feet in the front of the truck. So I called out to JoJo to wait for me but she took off and there I was--sore feet, flat tires, still miles from home, about to get fired, and my dog was lost.

I am so, so, so tired of this dream.

No comments: