Tuesday, December 8, 2009

is it december?

Here we are--December again, already. Three Christmas cards have already arrived. We are so blessed to have Jr around to put up the tree and the lights.

Today Stu called to tell me that he had his three-month checkup. He is doing so well that the docs are reducing his medications and he should be off the prednisone in a month or so. And if he continues doing as well as he is, they'll take him off all but one medication, and they even lowered the dose of that medication today. We are so blessed to have Stu and his family around and doing so well.

The drummer is doing well, progressing in his education. Jessie and family are well. We are so blessed for all of them.

And, here I am, back to December 8th. How can this be? I've had this idea that I'd do all of my Christmas shopping online, but wonder if I've waited too long? Will I have time to send out cards? What about baking cookies and candy-making? Would the girls like to go to the ballet to see the Nutcracker? What treats will I put together for the neighbors this year? Gifts for friends? Gag gifts for the party at work? Gifts for extended family?

Uh. Holy Cow I'm getting the Overwhelmed Feeling!

I just keep thinking about all of the things going on in life around me--my brother's recent divorce, my daughter's in-law's upcoming relocation, my still-healing son, and other family issues, not to mention the two assignments for my anatomy class and the three assignments for my environmental economics class and the nearly-finished basement project that is, as all projects do, gradually morphing into the dining room project...

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Wii fit has yoga. You should do it. I do, sometimes. :)

If by "the girls," you mean me, I would love to go to Nutcracker this year, and I think maybe Breanne could even handle it, though I'm not certain about Janey.

There is much to think about, but much to be thankful for, I agree. This time of year is good at pointing all that out.

Oh, and you can still order things online, I believe, for the next few days, probably. I know I sent for something today, and it should be here by the 14th, it said, with the free shipping. Good luck. I'm about halfway done with my shopping... hopefully the rest will be done soon. Don't get too overwhelmed--things will work out, just like they always have.

Lisa B. said...

I am with you on the overwhelm. One of the things that happened during the sick was, I lay there and thought, well, there goes my shopping time. Uh! there goes my candy-making time. Whoops, can no longer make x Christmas gift. Etc. I have so much to do. So. Much.

I must make a list.