Wednesday, May 5, 2010

and now we are home

I had hoped just the tiniest little bit to have more photos to post today. Last night Jack and I discussed whether we should go to Valley Forge or to Ocean City to visit the boardwalk. Valley Forge was considerably closer, but Ocean City has, well, the ocean and a boardwalk.

Sadly, though, we did neither. Poor Jack has come down with a cold, which I suspect is the one I suffered with last week, but, obviously, his is worse, because a) we were on vacation when he got sick, and b) he's a big strong man.

I think I would like it better when he gets sick if he'd just whine and whine. But he doesn't. He becomes stoic, sniffling and clearing his throat and toughing it out. Even with a sore Achilles tendon, which he also is very stoic about. Unlike me, the one who whines and carries on so that everyone knows I am sick. You wouldn't even know he has a mancold if it weren't for the sneezing and coughing and sniffling. Seriously. Poor guy.

So instead of driving around the eastern countryside, we slept some more. And some more. And while photos of the countryside--greenery or beach--would have been lovely, resting as much as we did in the past few days was a delicious rewarding vacation.

ps. One other thing about Philadelphians--they love their napkins. Lots of napkins. Doesn't matter where you are eating, you get a big stack of napkins. Or you can help yourself to a big stack of napkins. Kind of funny in an oddly entertaining laughing at the locals way...

No comments: