Tuesday, May 25, 2010

i want this

So, I read a certain fashion/style blog (see link to cardigan empire and please close your gaping mouth. I said I read it, obviously I don't necessarily follow the advice. But I might.)

So. This swimsuit was recommended on the fashion/style blog. It's from Anthropologie.



Isn't it perfect? Boy shorts legs. Scrunchy belly. Adorable tie around the neck. And black.

If it were possible to be in love with an item of clothing, this swimsuit would be the object of my affection. I would snuggle up with it and watch movies and drink diet coke.

But. Um. Excuse me, maybe it's been longer than I realized since I bought a swimsuit, but do swimsuits really cost $148? But if they do cost that much, wouldn't this one be totally worth it? Even if I never wear it? Um. I think it is. I mean, look at that criss-crossy top. Adorable.

3 comments:

Jessie said...

Swimsuits at Anthropologie cost $148. Normal people (ie those of us who read these fashion blogs but don't quite follow the advice) don't buy them for that much. I'm kind of shocked every time I look at them, though--seems like you have to be planning to spend $40+++ to get a decent one these days. Lame.

But that is an adorable suit, and would definitely be flattering.

Joey said...

I want the body that will fit in that. And, yes, Anthropologie is a little on the pricey end. Even K-mart's gonna cost you though!

Lisa B. said...

that is a damn fine swimmer. I say that a woman of a certain age--you determine what that age is--deserves to spend a little more on a swimmer and whatever else she wants, as long as she doesn't break the bank. because, to quote the historian's niece, HELLO, you deserve to look gorgeous. Even in a swimmer. EsPECially in a swimmer.