Tuesday, May 11, 2010

if ever there was a good mother's day

It was this year.

I was a bit concerned because there was a lot of pressure on Mother's Day this year around here. But it was all good and included the following:

1. Warm tea and pink tulips early in the day. Plus washing of the adorable car.
2. 516 new sudoku puzzles from Jack (in addition to a couple of other books).
3. Easy as pie study group. With pie. And pie making. With the drummer and his girl. And Jr.
4. Speed food prep with Jr that should have been videotaped because we.were.amazing.
5. Hugs and kisses and more "GRAMMA, You Here!" than anybody deserves. Well. Almost anybody.
6. Friendly new perennials and welcome old favorites for the gardens.
7. A sweet card from an adorable girl.
8. A delightful new bag, made specially for me, from my own girl.
9. My own glittery gold crown from my princesses.
10. The Beatles--Rock Band game for classic rockin' out in the theatre.

Jack also picked out the most magnificent bouquet of roses I've seen in a long time. Not sure if he bought them because I'm such a great wife or to show how much he loves the mother of his children or if he was simply overwhelmed by their deep red/creamy white beauty and familiar scent. May have been all of the above.

Or maybe it's my newly identified math skills?

3 comments:

Joey said...

I'm very happy that you had a good Mother's Day. You deserve it!

Lisa B. said...

Yes, math skillz do deserve bouquets. But you deserve bouquets just because.

Sophia said...

Don't you think you should hop on over to my blog and write me a list about any of these fine topics? I think you should.