Friday, May 28, 2010

what? more whining?

If you'd worked for your boss for six years,
You just might find yourself with sad tears,
On a day like today
Packed his stuff, on his way--
Forced out--more than i can endures.

hm. let's try that again.

honest attorney
lover of treats and so smart
is management nuts?

uh.

today, i watched my boss empty out his desk, clean off his bookshelves, and walk out the door for the last time as my boss far too soon. this man is the most honest, decent attorney i will ever know. i have never once questioned his legal opinions or his integrity. he supported and encouraged me in any educational endeavor we dreamed up, gave me countless assignments that were huge learning opportunities for me, and answered my constant questions whenever i walked through his always open door. he was funny and fun in the office and regularly brought in fresh fruit or donuts to share. he is married to an amazing woman who is astoundingly upbeat who regularly stopped by the office bearing treats from local cupcake shops and bakeries. together, they have endured more, worked harder, and lived life more fully than most of us ever will. i hope they are headed off to great new adventures that will last for many years.

1 comment:

Joey said...

I've thought about you a lot the last few days. It's so sad the times that we lived in. My dad worked for the same company for many, many years with no changes. I'm a little envious of that. How lucky for you to have had such a wonderful boss. And how sad to lose him so soon.

Ya gotta wonder about management sometimes. :(

Keep smiling. People around you will need it more than ever.