Saturday, September 11, 2010

but still

I have been buried in homework. And I have several more coats of paint to go on the cabinets. And a thorough sanding on the Dale Earnhardt Wheaties box table.

But today is Saturday and Saturday is yard sailing day! Sugar and I had so much fun. Driving and snacking and laughing and talking and finding all kinds of stuff we didn't even know we needed. The oddest thing we saw today turned out to not be so odd--it was a windchime or mobile of little Nemo clay figures, but all but one of them was wrapped up in tissue, so without my glasses, it looked like one Nemo and ten smashed marshmallows or mushrooms. Or something.

Today's treasured purchases included a couple of size 5 pants/hoodies, an adorable pair of boots that will fit either Ellie or Cailin, a couple of snuggly little dollies, a bendy cow, a mobile with stuffed animals from the sea (non-Nemo), and a Graco baby jumpy seat that was only $5. Also, for $1.35, I got a full-length mirror to mount on the back of my bedroom door, two little vases ($1) that are the perfect size for the flowers that the girlies regularly pick for me as they come in to visit, and two chair frames (FREE!) that will be stellar companions to the Dale Earnhardt Wheaties box table. As soon as I paint them black, talk Jack into making seats bottoms for them, and mod podge the other two Wheaties boxes onto them.

I call this a well-spent morning. Now I will don my painting clothes and put in a good effort towards finishing a couple of projects today. And then I will finish my homework. But that might be tomorrow.

1 comment:

Joey said...

I have no idea where you get your energy. But you go Girl!