Tuesday, September 7, 2010

hear me roar

I may have mentioned this before, but I am woman. Hear me roar. For example:
1. I sing alto, the range of women.
2. I never pass by a bathroom.
3. Which makes me wonder who in the world designed public women's bathrooms? Why do those bathroom designer people put the toilet paper holder on the same side of the stall that the door opens towards, thus blocking my exit from the stall. How difficult would it be to put the toilet paper on the left side of the stall so it would be covered by the opening door and there would be a wide, clear path out of the stall. Isn't life and time spent in hospitals and airports hard enough without having to fight to get out of a bathroom stall? Seriously. If you know the address of those bathroom stall designer people, please send it to me and because I am a woman, I'll send off a letter explaining the dilemma and offering a quick solution and one more of the minor irritations in life could be crossed off of the list.

Now my work for the day here is done. Well, except I forgot to include donuts on the dessert list, so I'm adding them now and in celebration, I will even add one--chocolate chocolate--to my body by way of my mouth. Dunford Donuts are truly remarkable.

2 comments:

Joey said...

Ditto on the Dunford Donuts!

Jessie said...

I wonder if the design thing is due to the majority of people being right handed? Something about how you open it going one way, then grab the tp facing the other direction... Just some thoughts. I'm sure there were thoughts going into it... unless it was designed like my bathroom, where everything was just crammed in as best as possible...

Oh, and Cailin loves donuts. Cory brought home some Smith's brand glazed, and I gave her a few bites of the inside of mine. I had one tonight, and she watched me like a hawk until the last bite was consumed. Funny girl.