Thursday, September 23, 2010

it will not be my fault

If Jr, in his fury, chops off a finger in the kitchen tonight while preparing his world-renowned leek soup, I am not responsible. I was amazed and delighted when he called me at work this morning and asked what I had planned for dinner tonight. Seriously. It was before 10:00 am. I never have dinner planned by 10:00 am.

I was looking forward to the leek soup. It is scrumptilicious. Especially with a crusty piece of bread. I am looking forward to a bowl of leftover soup and bread tomorrow. And I will remain hopeful that he has all of his digits and his self-esteem is whole.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Apparently it's soup day. We had stew, with crusty rolls. Yum.

Oh, and your word verification was messes because that describes my house on sewing days. A series of messes, everywhere. Perfect.