Monday, September 6, 2010

just desserts

I'm still starting and completing homework (lots and lots of m.a.t.h. and so much thinking required to answer so few economics questions), mod-podging a table (it would have gone much better had I followed my plan instead of rushing headlong into this one), and painting bathroom cupboards and drawers (I forgot they would need one coat of primer and two coats of paint, and the doors must be painted first on one side, then wait while that side dries, then paint the other side and wait while it dries before painting the first side, blah, blah, blah).

I took a break to think about dessert. So many choices. So many favorites.

1. My homemade pie. All kinds.
2. Cream puffs and eclairs.
3. Ice cream cones. Soft serve, twist, or that other kind--hard packed into the cone.
4. German chocolate cake.
5. Creme brulee.
6. OH--cookies. Definitely cookies.
7. Brownie hot fudge sundae.
8. Anything with pudding.
9. Rice Krispie treats. Or s'mores. Or any other cereal-involved dessert. probably.
10.Strawberry shortcake. I knew there was some dessert with fruit in it.
11. Little Debbie snacks. Hostess treats in a pinch.
12. Candy. Not really a dessert and perhaps another list for another day.

Did I miss anything?

4 comments:

Jessie said...

Plain brownies.
Bars of all sorts--blondies, lemon, snickerdoodle (new recipe I discovered the other day), german chocolate, etc. Can't forget that category.
Cheesecake.
Cupcakes.

Jessie said...

And what about sweet breads, like banana or zucchini?

Sophia said...

CUPCAKES of course!

Lisa B. said...

I was going to say, there are so many more types of cake, although a German chocolate cake has an honored spot in the cake list for me. And, as Sophia says, cupcakes! Cake in cute cup form!