Thursday, September 2, 2010

four days

Oh, holiday, glorious holiday. And Friday off. Free Friday. What to do with all of this time away from work? Herewith, twelve options:

1. Go to zoo with girlies and others
2. Sand, prime, and paint bathroom cupboards
3. Paint and mod-podge Dale Earnhardt table--let's convince Jack it should be a high-banked oval
4. Yard sail with Sugar and maybe even Colleen--plead with the cosmos to send a full-length mirror my way
5. Finish lots of homework
6. Begin lots of homework
7. Fly to tropical vacation in Maui
8. Commemorate one-year mark since Stu's health took a huge turn for the better
9. Win Idaho lottery
10. Mend the 3/4" hole that has been chewed in my lovely flowered yellow quilt
11. Hang up three new jackets, three new skirts, countless new tees
12. Smile slyly at my clever shopping skills

Okay, so maybe 7 and 9 aren't happening and 11 can't happen until I snag some of Jr's hangers or buy a few more or clean out and donate a few things. And I should probably not be quite so pleased with my nearly out-of-control shopping. But if it's a great deal, in the style and colors you love that love you, how can you not smile?

And yes, it has been one year. Sometimes forever, and others, just yesterday.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Where all things blow, eh?

And we are very excited about the zoo over here. Sorry if I didn't accurately convey that over the phone, pineapple juices were flowing... very distracting. But dinner was yummy.

And you know, if I have to share my birthday month with someone, I guess Stu is a good choice. I'm pretty glad things worked out the way they did last year.

Johanna said...

Ah, the gift of time to spend any way we want. Is there anything better? And you have such a good list of things to choose from!

Congrats to all of you for the one year anniversary of Stu's health. Ah, the best things in life.