Tuesday, September 21, 2010

did you notice?

Have you noticed how absolutely delightful the weather has been for the past week or so? Temperatures in the 80's, slight breezes, warm sun, and the colors, ohhhh the colors of the sky, the leaves, the blossoms.

Sadly, there have been autumns past that I have missed--sometimes, we seem to go from the heat of summer directly to the cold of winter, skipping the warm days and chilled nights and mornings. But other times I have been indoors--on watch with a loved one or another loved one, or for a while, searching for my mind.

But autumn this year? I am so into it.

2 comments:

Joey said...

It's my very, very favorite season. The best part is walking down the street when you start to see leaves drifting in the wind. Football, school starting, Halloween, pumpkins, cooler air. It's the last party before the cold of winter. Yeah, it's the best.

Skybird said...

You know, Ms. Gardner... if you would change your title from blow to grow again, (now you know my favorite time is in the spring!) we might not have these crazy winds we've been having the last few weeks! They really blow! They must be making havoc of your gardens to post your title that way! LOL!

I won't argue with you or Johanna! It is a great time!