Wednesday, April 30, 2008

if mom is ma and gramma is mama


Last night when I got home, Jack, Jessie, Breanne, and Janey were waiting for me in the tv room here in the gardens. When I opened the door--because Breanne insists that doors around her must be closed--Breanne immediately called out, "Mama", and ran to me with her arms outstretched. As soon as I picked her up, she wrapped herself around me and murmured, "Oh, mama, mama, mama," and hugged, patted, and kissed me. So endearing.

After a few minutes, Breanne and I went into the living room to look at the family pictures that are scattered around in there. Breanne identified all of Jack's and my immediate family from a picture taken several years ago. Then she brought over the pictures of Jr and the drummer with their grandparents from grandparents' day at their grade school.

Breanne quickly identified Jack's mom and my mom as mamama; next she called my gramma, mamama. Then she looked at the pictures of my dad (who she knows) and Jack's dad (who died several years before she was born), and said, "mamamapop". Smart kid.



*I totally stole these photos from Jessie's blog...

No comments: