Saturday, April 19, 2008

now this, this is bread


After all of my shopping, it seemed somehow appropriate to bake some bread. This time I did it the semi-old-fashioned way. I used my mixer, but not the mixer/baker machine. Instead, after the ingredients were all in the bowl, mixed just a bit, I scooped the dough out of the bowl onto the counter and I kneaded and kneaded and then baked it in the oven. After the shopping, it was very therapeutic.

Both loaves are multi-grain (I think maybe seven or so different types of flours) and both have flax seeds and sunflower seeds, but one of the loaves also has raisins and cranberries.

It's amazing that something so tasty and beautiful could be so good for me. In so many ways.

1 comment:

Lisa B. said...

Lovely lovely bread. Sounds delicious and looks gorgeous. Well done! Huzzah!