Tuesday, January 4, 2011

am i alone here?

Am I the only one who is feeling discouraged by the following items in the news today:

1. New session of congress about to begin. Lots of assurances that all changes of the past two years will be canceled and replaced by certainly better changes.
2. The commander of a Navy ship made videos that should have been used during how-not-to-behave training but were instead considered entertainment.
3. Yet another black man who spent 30 years in prison for a crime he didn't commit was freed and his conviction overturned thanks to DNA evidence.
4. Thousands of black birds were found dead in Arkansas and Louisiana.

3 comments:

Lisa B. said...

it does feel like a particular kind of crazy right now. insane-crazy. it makes me anxious.

Jessie said...

Another 4 reasons I don't watch the news.

Joey said...

Sometimes I just have to turn it off. I find that a little Mozart or Beatles will chase it away; make your choice depending upon how bad the news is.

I don't find the birds as disturbing as the high schooler dying in the rollover in front of the school. This life is one rough ride sometimes.