Friday, January 28, 2011

willie nelson is singing in the background

I found this poem while sorting through a pile of papers. It was in a bunch of things my gramma had clipped out of the newspaper over the years. It makes me a bit sad to think that this poem spoke to her enough that she clipped and saved it...


I Know Not Why
by James J. Metcalfe

I know there have been many times...That I have made you cry...But if you asked me, honestly...I could not tell you why...I could not answer you at all...And I could not explain...Why I have drawn aside the sun...In favor of the rain...I really love and cherish you...And deep down in my heart...I would not know which way to turn...If ever we should part...And yet I do the foolish things...That fill your eyes with tears...And give so little of myself...To help you through the years...When all the while I love you, dear...And whether old or new...The only hopes and dreams I hold...Are those I have of you.

1 comment:

Johanna said...

Don't you wish you could ask her....