Friday, January 14, 2011

just two things

Can I say that:

1. I really do not like it when Blockbuster sells my boys a theatre-size box of stale Jr Mints--you know the kind, right, where some are stuck to the inside of the box and some are hard instead of soft inside minty goodness?

2. The cold won. I went to school and then went to Jessie's and then went to school (to get my add card stamped by my advisor because the advisor's office isn't open until 9:00 and isn't open on Saturday, the other day that I'm at school) and then went to work--and then collapsed on my bed around noon today and didn't even have the strength to tell Gusgus to please quit barking at the imaginary voices in his head so I could sleep. I slept the whole afternoon and feel so much better now.

3. Yes I know I said two, but I have one more. Why do students have to park so far away from class and employees get the closest three parking lots? Especially sick students? Older sick students who have a kick-butt cold and don't feel like walking in the snow down two flights of stairs and down a sidewalk that slopes downhill another two flights of stairs that only puts them on the second floor of the building that they need to be in and then yes, down another flight of stairs? And that walk is what I paid premium parking fees for. As I was trudging down the last set of stairs, it occurred to me that I would need to walk that same path to get back to my car but uphill. Argh. I tried to feel good about the walking that I would be doing for the next 15 weeks and how fabulously in shape I'll be. But mostly, I just wanted to know why the employees get to park up close. Customer service, people. When I worked at Sears, I had to park in the lot furthest away from the store. Perhaps today I was a bit out of breath from the cold--in my body and outside there on the pathway to my car. And now, I'm worn out from that little rant. Back to bed for me.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

I haven't been to the school in a few years, but I'm pretty sure there is an elevator you can take in there somewhere. You should look into it for those crummy sick days. Sorry you're feeling so lousy. :/