Thursday, January 20, 2011

pay attention

I feel once again blasted by all of the commercials for medications--ads for drugs that I might need, likely must need--for all sorts of ailments, most of which, gratefully I've never even heard of. I can't believe how often I'm informed of some drug I might need while watching the evening news.

But can I just say to you, dear readers, please, please, please listen to those warnings the pharmaceuticals have read ever so quietly, and read that fine print in the ads in the magazines and on the receipts when you pick up a new prescription.

Pay attention and think seriously about whether or not the risks are worth the benefits you are promised by use of the medication. Pharmaceuticals don't spout those warnings willy-nilly. I don't think they want to warn users about risks that don't exist.

So please, pay attention, and choose wisely.

1 comment:

Joey said...

You've lived with the results, I'm afraid.

But seriously, everyone looks so happy in those ads for everything from allergy medication to well you know the ones that Bob Dole used to push.

Won't we all be happier medicated up the wazoo?

So take the pills and d*** the torpedoes. Right?