Thursday, January 27, 2011

there's this and there's that

I think I mentioned I'm a senior in college, right? These are things about my school:

1. It has these really cool hand dryers in the bathrooms. Dyson. (that will probably only mean something to Jr.) They dry your hands in like 12 seconds and make your skin look like you're in some commercial for airplanes that let you hang outside the windows. So cool.

2. The toilet paper in the bathrooms is the thinnest paper I've ever seen. Not so cool.

3. Most of the time, my classes are okay, and my classmates are okay. Sometimes though, I have to remind them that there is more to life than FoxNews and if they (or my instructors) use phrases that have been coined by people who talk on Fox News, that, in and of itself may be offensive or at least a little irritating.

4. I'm old enough to have earned the right and obligation to say if something is offensive or at least a little irritating. Which might make me offensive or irritating, but that's how it goes.

5. I've passed calculus, so pretty much everything else is cake. I'm working on a motto--that might be it--I've passed calculus, so pretty much everything else is cake. Something about the last three semesters being almost all math, all of the time, has made this semester seem so much easier. Might come back to bite me on the butt when I take my first tests and realize I should have studied more, but, well, for now, I've passed calculus, so pretty much everything else is cake.

1 comment:

Lisa B. said...

so what's your major, in the end? I realize it's a major that required calculus, so I'm already impressed.