Sunday, December 28, 2008

five things

My daughter-in-law, Shilo, tagged me--twice!--so this and the next post are probably more than you ever wanted to know about me, but if tagged, I respond. So--

Five Things I Was Doing 10 Years Ago:
1. Wearing braces and working at my kids' orthodontist's office
2. Worrying about money
3. Weighing a lot less
4. Living in a different home
5. Spending time with my gramma

Five Things On My “To-Do” List Today:
1. Watch football
2. Blog
3. Do some of the puzzles on Merriam-Webster.com
4. Cook a yummy dinner
5. Hope the kids and grandbabies all come to visit

Five Favorite Snacks:
1. Chai tea
2. Cherry chocolates
3. Jr mints
4. Midnight Milky Way bars
5. Christmas treats--cheeseball, candies, cookies

Five Jobs I Have Had:
1. Babysitter--earned enough to buy my own bike, a cool, green 10-speed
2. Sales Clerk at Sears--worked in every department (seriously, every department-how many 16-year-olds do you know who can sell draperies? yes, yes, I sold draperies)
3. Secretary--back when a desktop was the place where you used your typewriter, an IBM correcting selectric if you were lucky
4. Para-educator--fancy name for lunchroom monitor and playground aide at my kid's school. Imagine getting paid to play with kids--a great part-time job.
5. Paralegal--current job that I really enjoy. Lots of variety, great coworkers, boss, and pay.

Five Things I Would Do With a Million Dollars:
1. Get rid of debt for Jack, me and our kids
2. Invest wisely
3. Donate wisely
4. Build the cabin
5. Travel

Five People I Tag to Answer the Same Questions
1. You
2. know
3. who
4. you
5. are

2 comments:

Jessie said...

I loved playing on the playground with you. And who knew you babysat so much? Oh the glory of blogging. Telling the world all your secrets just got a whole lot easier.

Skybird said...

Yet another piece of your garden exposed to the sky for us flyers to see... You are brave...

...and soul beautiful!

Chai Tea is wonderful... I take mine green...