Tuesday, December 9, 2008

uhhh

So far this year, I have not:

1. Made any lists of things to do in preparation for Christmas.
2. Figured out what gifts to buy for my children, grandchildren, parents.
3. Sent out any Christmas cards.
4. Put out any Christmas decorations.
5. Bought any Christmas gifts.
6. Wrapped any Christmas gifts.
7. Made any Christmas treats.

It occurs to me that:

1. My kids seriously ought to be giving me some major hints--in their blogs or perhaps on the whiteboard in the laundry room?
2. I may send only a few Christmas cards this year and maybe I'll take them in person to some of the friends who live nearby that I haven't seen for ages.
3. I might just head downstairs right now to gather up a few Christmas things to set out around the house. Some of my old favorites and some of my gramma's things she left to me.
4. Fortunately, Jr loves to decorate for Christmas, so our tree and lights are up. My lack-of-decorating-enthusiasm secret is safe, at least from the neighbors.
5. Obviously I don't have to wrap anything if I haven't bought anything, right?
6. I may make some chocolate-covered caramels with pecans to share with neighbors and friends because today at work I ate some really tasty chocolate-covered caramel. That's one of the big bonuses of working in a legal office--law firms send baskets of treats to the office at this time of the year. Of course, those big baskets of treats are one of the big reasons why I am going to go get on the treadmill as soon as I finish in the basement.

And there you go. My first list for Christmas this year is done. Sweet.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

What are you talking about? I've been leaving hints on my blog a lot lately... just read over some of November's posts. Or maybe I'll just make a new list or something.

Or better yet, we can discuss this tomorrow at my house. :) We're excited to see you again.

Lisa B. said...

Wow, I love when the act of writing actually accomplishes something. Vicariously, now, I feel I have much less to do, even though I myself haven't made one Christmas list, set out any decorations, etc. etc. What a rewarding blog post. Thank you!

We should have breakfast sometime soon. I'm putting that on my Christmas list.