Friday, January 1, 2010

did i mention the dining room?

I don't think I mentioned the adorable bench I bought at one of the last yard sales Sugar and I found before it got all cold and snowy outside.

Can you believe someone would sell this baby? It belonged to somebody's gramma and they had covered it with some awful floral print fabric that was dusty blue, mint green, and that awful pink from the 80's.



And perhaps you can't tell from this picture, but I did paint the dining room on Christmas Eve morning and second coat on the morning after Christmas day. The same lovely butter yellow that I used in the basement--oh, wait, you haven't seen that yet, have you? Soon, soon, I promise.



This is the "before" photo of the walls--I did like the multitude of browns, sponged-on look, but I really love the yellow.


1 comment:

Lisa B. said...

Did you reupholster, then? Because that bench is beautiful. You must be the next nominee to the Yard Saler's Hall of Fame.