Tuesday, January 19, 2010

how do we feel about brioche?

Turns out we like brioche better than powdered allspice when paired with library red.

This is powdered allspice (with blue painter's tape):



This is brioche (ditto the tape):



Brioche on the left, powdered allspice on the right:



Don't know if the pictures truly captured the horror of the allspice...you may have to trust me on this one.


ps. This dog is fast even when she's laying around eating a Milkbone (that I gave to her yesterday morning that she left on my blogging chair I think because she was laying on my chair all day so she could feel near to me while I was at work.)



pps. On my drive home from up north today, not only did I see melting snow, sunshine, and blue sky, but several trees were beginning to show their new growth wood--a vibrant orangish-red color on the new ends of the branches. Even if it doesn't feel like winter will ever end, trees never lie.

Spring will come again.

4 comments:

Shi said...

So I can very much see how the allspice would make things a bit claustrophobic in there... that last pic of the paint showed that to me very well. I think the whiter paint is much better... Looks good.

Lisa B. said...

I too can see the allspice and how it would drive you mad within 48 hrs. So, brioche is much, much better.

Although, truth be told, I was all ready for a story about that buttery, eggy bread. And am now having slight hunger pangs.

Amelia said...

Like the brioche!

Joey said...

So the lesson is that while allspice may work for many things...walls, um....no so much. Not quite the cozy feeling you were going for, right?