Tuesday, January 12, 2010

i don't know if i should tell you this but

Was it Christmas today? Or my birthday?

1. New haircut.
2. First facial ever.
3. Two hours of someone else cleaning my house.

Yes, that was my after-work day. You see, for Christmas, Jr gave me a gift certificate for a visit with the stylist who cuts his hair and she did a great job cutting my hair and then did my first-ever facial, including eyebrow waxing. So totally pampered, that's me. Fragile, delicate flower.

And that cleaning lady in the gardens today? Jr traded some of the stuff we don't need in the gardens for what will amount to almost six weeks of two-hour weekly cleaning sessions. Seriously, we may be messy around here, but two hours of cleaning amounts to vacuuming, dusting, sweeping, mopping, dishes, kitchen tidying, and best of all--clean bathrooms. Sooooo great. You see, yard sailing = bartering = clean house. Did I raise that kid right or what?

Okay, so I'm sneezing my head off and my nose is a runny mess today, but still how could I complain, really?

1 comment:

Joey said...

Oh, I love facials! Sometimes you just have to get pampered, ya know?

Sometime we could skip lunch and go get pedicures. Could we really share deep thoughts? Probably not.