Tuesday, January 5, 2010

uh, who was that blogger?



Okay, there's been a bit of anxiety around here for some reason of late and it seems to have taken over my, uh, whole self, relationships, mind, blog--everything!

So first, please accept my sincere apology for my somewhat snippy post yesterday.

Seriously. I'm sorry. And I haven't checked facespace or my gmail account all day so I'm breathing much easier today.

And I had this great idea about how I could take it all down a notch and begin by taking pictures of little bits of things I like in the gardens. Good idea, right?

So this is what the new pillows on the theater room furniture are supposed to look like--round:



and square:



This is the dismembered tassle (but note the lovely carpet):



...one of many feet...



...the top of the back of the settee...



...some of Jack's woodworking around a window...



Here's the pool table:



pool table feet...



and the cue rack:



Moving upstairs, this is the amazing bench from my previous post. This is the awesome upholstery that was under the nasty 80's floral print. I love the way it was trimmed.



A quick shot of the flowers on the bar because how can you not have flowers in the house when you can't see the sky or sun outside?



Finally, there's the bathroom upstairs. The first room we remodeled when we moved to this place, but I've never been really very happy with it until last weekend when I found and bought this shower curtain and towels:



and this rug:



that, surprisingly, look pretty great with the dozen or so original shower tiles like this one that are scattered around the shower. You may remember this pattern from the 1970's--if you were alive:



And, lastly, a quick shot of the edge of my newest nightgown hanging on the bathroom door. It is the most comfortable sleepwear ever. And I like my doorknob too.


1 comment:

Joey said...

Wow! Your house is a show place. If I took pictures like that around my house, you'd see areas that need painting, etc. That's why you are in the gardens and I am not.

And which is it really, myspace or facebook?

I think that both are so yesterday!

But blogging...now that's forever.