Thursday, January 21, 2010

what? whining again?

Well, not exactly.

As recent posts indicate, I've done a mess of rolling on paint in the last week.

Yesterday morning, I woke with some seriously achy wrists that were surprisingly loosened up after I ran the hot water on them in the tub.

This morning, I woke feeling so much better that I cleaned out the kitty litter box, made the bed, and emptied and filled the dishwasher before leaving for work. Unfortunately, as I bent to put away the clean saucepans, my lower back muscles, in one of those amazingly painful, astoundingly brief moments of life, contracted into spasms, causing my legs to forget their job of holding me upright, leaving me once again startled by how quickly I can find myself on the floor with JoJo hovering above me and licking my ears.

I'd like to blame both of these physically irritating events on advancing age, but the truth is that the first time my back went into spasms I was three months pregnant with Jessie. The wrists are probably due to too much mouse clicking during my world champion solitaire stage.

Since I vowed on Monday of this week that this would be the first full week I would work all 40 hours this year, having taken off time with mom for her surgery during the first week and staying home a whole day last week to sleep, I forced myself to stand, nearly upright, made my way to the non-narcotic muscle relaxant, and snuggled down into the wonderfully comfortable seat of my sweet little car and drove myself to work, stopping only to pass through the chai tea drive-up window. Whoever invented that drive-up window idea is my hero.

Yes, I stayed at the office all day today. Yes, I donned my jammies immediately upon entering the house after work. Totally is how much I love Jack for bringing me mint chocolate chip ice cream and Jr for bringing me samoa ice cream later in the evening. Although I am feeling a bit over the top full of ice cream right now. If that is possible.

Only one more work day this week. I can do this.

1 comment:

Joey said...

Oh, oh, oh.....I hate when that happens! I'm so sorry.